Moisture Monster is a fast curing, alkali resistant, two-component, 100% solids epoxy coating that stops moisture-related issues for concrete that can negatively affect good floor covering. It is a high-impact fast-acting bond that eliminates the need for traditional wait-time required for new concrete slabs to reach appropriate levels for installation.
Features to trust. Benefits to enjoy.
- ASTM F3010 compliant
- Can install directly over clean concrete without mechanical profiling – conditions apply.
- Completely dry in about 3-5 hours for faster application.
- Moisture testing not required.
- Longer pot-life than competitors.
- Meets or exceeds the performance properties of ASTM F3010-13 (Standard practice for two-component resin-based membrane-forming moisture mitigation systems for use under floor coverings)
Concrete Substrate Use
- Use to cover perfectly clean, solid, and stable interior concrete that is no less than 5 days old.
- Do not use over substrates containing asbestos.
- Install when the ambient temperature is between 40 F and 90 F.
- Unless rated for exterior use, do not install repair-type mortars, screeds, self-leveling underlayments, or patching compounds beneath Moisture Monster.
- Do not apply to the wet substrate.
- Do not use over-gypsum-based underlayments.
- Do not install over wood underlayments.
- In order to avoid condensation, do not install unless the temperature of the prepared concrete is, at minimum, 5 degrees F above the dew point.
- Moisture Monster is not to be used as a final wear surface and must be covered with a flooring system. Expansion, movement, and isolation joints should be a complete part of the flooring system.
- Acid etching is acceptable when using VanHearron’s “Prep N Profile” as directed.NOTE: When installing on green concrete, additional shrinkage in the substrate during cure can cause the formation of cracks that will break the Moisture Monster membrane and, therefore, breach the intended moisture barrier. Cracks created by substrate movement are not covered by the Moisture Monster warranty.
- 3-5 day old substrates with a minimum tensile strength of 150 psi (1.03 Mpa), when tested by ASTM D7234, must be in perfect condition with a suitable profile or mechanically prepared by dustless engineered approved methods to an International Concrete Repair Institute concrete surface profile (CSP) of #2 to #3.